Thursday, June 26, 2014

Thrifty Thursday...A Candlestick gets a pretty upgrade...

A while back I  showed you a couple sets of candlesticks I picked up at the thrift store...

I told you I might use one as a base for a dress form.

I finally got around to it.

I have made quite a few of these dress forms from the pattern I got from The DIY Dish.

My girls are always a bit lumpy but I fix them up and soon you don't even notice.

I glued a pale blue one made from a muslin bed sheet to the candlestick.


I told you...

She is lumpy and bumpy.

Some turn out better than others....

So here is how I fixed her up.....


I made her a skirt.

Tattered and torn...

A bit like me.

Once she puts it on though...She looks so pretty.



I am glad I showed you the candlestick first.  

You can hardly see it now.

It is the perfect base for her.


You can't see it in the pictures but there was a slight breeze that blew the strips ever so slightly.

It looked so pretty.


These photos were actually taken moments before it started to rain.

  If you look closely, you can see a big rain spot on her neck.


Side view.



From the back.

You can see her skirt is just tied on.


I like them removable. 

 I can dress her up or down depending on the mood.

The skirt was super simple to make....

Rip your fabric in strips.

Remove the loose strings.

Cut them a variety of lengths.

Cut some pieces of lace as well.

Start with an 18 inch long strip and just begin knotting on the strips and lace. 

 Keep going until it is long enough to meet in the back.

Then tie it on in a bow.

So there is this week's Thrifty Thursday makeover....

What have you been up to lately?

Thanks for stopping by....

Linked with:















Huckleberry Love

Making The World Cuter

The Dedicated House

Dwellings: The Heart Of Your Home

Setting For Four

Happy House and Home

House of Bennetts

The Lady Prefers 2 Save

Craving Some Creativity

Halfway to Hipster

An Extraordinary Day














Teach Me Tuesday @ 3GLOL









































Living Well, Spending Less













No comments: