Sunday, July 13, 2014

Needle Felting Fun

Over the winter, I bought a needle felting kit.

I have needle felted before but never a 3-D figure.  

So I bought this cute little dog kit with my 40% off coupon at Michael's.

On a visit to my in-laws, I took it with me.

I skipped the evening fishing (and mosquito bites) and came in and worked on the dog.

Two hours and thousands of needle pokes later....

Here he is.


I think he is pretty cute.


The kit was awesome for a beginner because the forms make it super simple to get the shape right.



My typical issue with felting is that I should poke a lot longer.

But I am so excited and impatient...



I just have to go to the next step so he can take shape...

I think he should probably be firmer.



Although he will stand on his own.

The cool thing is that next time, I will know.

And if I want to make another dog, all I need is the wool.

Which I have.




If you want to give it a try, I highly recommend it.

This is the kit I got.




A word of warning.

That little needle is sharp!

 The forms make it easy to work and if you are careful, you do not get poked while using the forms...much.

But when you need to felt the two halves together, be very careful. 

 I got poked. 

A LOT!

I get so intense on what I am doing, I sometimes forget the little things...

Like, my hand is holding him and the needle will go the whole way through and hit what is on the other side....
my hand/fingers/etc...

Just saying....

I would NOT recommend it for children.

But if you have ever wanted to try it...

Give it a go.

Everything is included...

Thanks for stopping by...

Check to see who we are linked with HERE.

also linked with:

From My Front Porch to Yours

No comments: