Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Rose Bangles from Scrap Fabric Strips




This summer, my daughter had a blast learning to dye fabric.

You can read about it here.

She then used those strips to make a fantastic Shaggy Raggy Rug.

You can see how here.

When she was finished, she still had a lot of strips left so I asked if I could use a few.

She said sure.

I had a great idea.

All I needed were the fabric strips, plastic bangle bracelets, and some hot glue.



To begin, wrap the fabric around the bangle. 

 Leave a tail about 1 1/2-2 inches long so when you get back to that spot, you can tie the ends in a knot.


I showed you the bracelets on my workbench here.


The next step is just to twist and wrap the fabric around.

I run my glue around the outside edge and then wrap the fabric around it.  

Then I repeat and just keep going until all the fabric is secured around the rose.  

Sometimes I twist and turn the fabric and sometimes, not so much.


The colors my daughter chose are luscious and refreshing.



They all make me think of the beach....


The purple is such a great accent to the blues and greens...



This blue might be my favorite...


No, maybe this one...

Only one way to solve it...

Wear them all!



Sadly, I cannot.

I have a big wrist and hand and these are too small.

I will have to find some larger bangles to make my own set...



I do love these, though...

Hoping someone else falls in love with them as well...

They would make gorgeous wedding bracelets for the bridal party....



Thanks for stopping by....

I will be offering any 2 of these bracelets in the Swap and Tell Link Party at Tarnished Royalty....

Linking up with these great blogs.

No comments: