Thursday, October 16, 2014

Sweet Felt Mushroom and Mice Cups

Today I wanted to share some sweet felted mushrooms....

I made this last winter and am ready to make some more soon.


They are just felt with some wool wisps and some poly-fill.

My base fabric came from the thrift store...

Such a score...

It was still on the bolt.

The taller mushrooms have a piece of rebar wire in the stem so it is anchored to the base better and I can bend and angle the mushroom.



The wool wisps were needle felted in the top to make the spots on the top of the mushroom.


This next photo is my favorite.

No filters or any changing of the tones...

It was just the result I got when I took the picture from underneath.

I was trying to show the stitching under the mushroom.


I actually use that photo as my avatar sometimes...



These make me smile...



I put my mushrooms in little containers from the thrift store.

I like that cups and such have some weight to hold them in place.

I also did some of these mushrooms with little mice.

I got the pattern from Rhythm and Rhyme.


I used sweet little yarn tails for my mice.

The mouse adds a charming touch.


You can see the underside of the mushroom here. 

 I stitched string to look like the gills underneath the mushroom.


I need to do some more mice with lighter thread I think...

Although I liked the quirkiness of this guy when I made him.

I even added acorn cap hats to a couple...



I gave several of these away when I made them to close friends and family.

I sold a couple at my fall show.

I only have two left...I think I need to settle in with the wood stove lit and a cozy fire to do some stitching.

Thanks for stopping by...

Linking up with these great blogs....


No comments: