Saturday, January 3, 2015

Quick Winter Greeting Cards

I love making my own cards.

My designs are not usually complex.

I love simple and clean.

I wanted to share two cards that are perfect for this time of year.

Just simple winter greetings.

Start with your card base.

I usually just cut an 8 1/2 x 11 inch piece of card stock in half and fold it.

The bases I used here are prescored and a bit smaller.

I got them around 25 years ago at my favorite surplus store.

Does that make them vintage?

Next cut a piece of patterned paper the same size as the card.

Carefully rip out the bottom left corner.

Take out enough of a piece for your stamped greeting to show in its entirety. 

I like my tear to show the white under the design.


Glue the patterned paper to the front using your favorite adhesive.

Stamp your greeting.

I love Stazon inks. 

 They don't run if the card gets wet.

Punch a couple shapes using a paper punch.

Here I used a snowflake.

Glue on the centers.

I added a clear plastic half round on top.

You could do glitter, buttons, brads or anything else your heart desires.


This basic format can be used for any occasion.

You can make a couple dozen in an evening.

I still prefer a card in the mail to an email...

Thanks for stopping by...

No comments: