Friday, January 30, 2015

Vintage Storage Ideas


I am lucky enough to have a studio.

It is my garage.

It is my space and I love it.

I love utilizing vintage finds for studio storage.

I thought I would share some of my favorite vintage storage from my work spaces.


Each works hard in its own way.

I store most little items for mixed media, jewelry and such in vintage mason jars.

I collect them whenever possible along with zinc lids for on them.

My cupboards are filled with them.


My husband found, bought, loaded and helped me clean this vintage card catalog.

It holds a ton of essentials. 

I love that I can change the contents and the tags in a minute.

  I can send my daughter to the studio to find something and she can quickly locate it.

Yay!

You have to love a piece that hard working.

I have been thinking maybe some day I will paint it...

I have always love little divided shadow boxes.

This one had some splits in some of the dividers so I did not want to use it for shows.

It makes the perfect home for my hand crafted polymer clay beads.

As I use them and make more, it looks different all the time.

Just seeing the beads inspires me to use them.


These fun little tins were thrifted finds.

I use and buy some tins to use in jewelry designs but these are perfect as is.

They are such a pretty way to store things.


Printer's trays are my kryptonite.

I have to buy them if they are reasonable and in good shape.

My daughter has pointed out more than once that I do not NEED any more.

She is right, of course.

They are so handy though.

I usually use them for booth displays but now I use them in the studio.


Bits and baubles are right there...


This little green drawer unit was last spring's splurge from Lucketts.

It also holds tons of essentials.


It helps me find things.

And it looks cool.


Old luggage makes great storage.

I love that these suitcases hold my yarn supply out of the way and keep it dust free.


These cases are also full of yarns and fibers.

They are missing their handles so this is the perfect use for them.


Last summer my daughter spray painted a vintage ceiling tile to use as a memo board.

This fun color really makes it pop.


My neighbor dropped off this rusty cart one day.

I transformed it into a great little storage piece.


I use this ceiling tin in my green house as a magnetic memo board.


This vintage box is the perfect booth display for bangle bracelets.


Wooden crates are both storage and booth display.


Is your studio space sleek and sophisticated or full of vintage storage pieces?

Thanks for stopping by....


No comments: