Saturday, September 19, 2015

Shotgun Shell Vials....Inspired By Lynne Simon Suprock


I was looking through my pictures to see if there was anything I had missed sharing with you.

I realized I did not share these.

I gave you a taste of them when I shared the post for over dying silk strips.

Today I wanted to show you all of them.


Lynne Simon Suprock is an amazing artist.

You can find her blog here: Simply Pretty Stuff.



Her original pieces first appeared in an issue of Belle Armoire Jewelry.

I made my own after I tracked down the right size tubing.


Because my shotgun shells were not brass, the etching did not work the way I wanted.


I do like the patina I got on mine.


I love filling each little reliquary.

That is half the fun.


I also like determining what the rest of the necklace will be like....


Old hardware, crystals, silk strips, polymer beads, patinaed chain....

It is all good.


I gave a makeover to cheap mall jewelry chains with mad scientist patinas.

Because I do them myself, each has a whole different look.


I even stamped some of the vials with StazOn black ink.


Uh-oh!

Sometimes when I revisit something I made, it gives me an itch to make some more.


I am definitely feeling itchy...


Hope you have been working on something that inspires you too.



                       Thanks for stopping by...

                 Linking up with these great blogs.

No comments: