Monday, October 12, 2015

Whimsical Garden Decor: Re Purposed Bird Feeders

This summer I got together with great friends a time or two to make some fun things.

Some of our projects took longer than we expected so when I saw these light covers at the thrift shop, I scooped them up for a fast and easy project.


I bought this little set of 6 cups and saucers with a similar project in mind.
 

I bought  a sheet of rubber at the hardware store along with rings and nut caps

I also got some copper pipe and a great new ratcheting pipe cutter.

It was one afternoon we actually finished 3 pieces each and it was easy.

Here is my bird feeder.


Supposedly, since these are tempered glass to withstand the heat temperatures from the light bulbs, they are fairly durable for weather fluctuations.


I did not get a chance to take a picture of the little green cup and saucer feeder.


And these pictures were taken about a month ago and the flowers have died back quite a bit.

It has been dry here.


We have not mowed the grass since the middle of August.


I love how this little project turned out.  

The best part was time with friends.

I also loved that these already had holes.

All we had to do was cut a little piece of rubber to cushion the hardware and screw them together.

I had the chain already too.


What fun things did you add to your garden this summer?

 Thanks for stopping by...


No comments: