Thursday, April 28, 2016

Clay Rings

I tend to be a necklace girl.

When I am creating jewelry, it is often a necklace if I do not plan ahead.

So every now and then, I make myself create other pieces.....often bracelets or earrings.

The things I almost never create are rings.... though those are what I wear myself the most.

I did play around with some fun artistic polymer clay rings...


Whoops.....

Can you see the hair on the bead?

In a house with pets, sometimes hair is another food group/common element...


These next 2 were done with Swellegant paints and patinas.

If you are not familiar with them, you need to check them out.  

The paints are infused with real metal particles.

Those particles react with the patinas to produce fantastic looks.


These rings all used the wavy wafer beads I made from polymer clay.  

I used my husband's torches to ball the ends of the steel rebar wire.

I added the bead and then balled the other end.

Then I gave the wire a few quick turns around the ring mandrel.

Easy peasy.


I really should make rings more often....

What have you been up to lately?

Thanks for stopping by....

No comments: